As people become more conscious of their appearance, procedures such as cosmetic dentistry has started gaining recognition. Technology has made cosmetic dental treatments quite comfortable. They also produce better results. Today, dentists have started using lasers for procedures like smile makeovers, which offer convenience to patients. This also helps in reducing the recovery time.
Different Cosmetic Dental Treatments
Many treatments are under cosmetic dentistry. Melville dental experts from Booragoon Dental Clinic discuss some of them below:
• Inlays and Outlays – These are made out of porcelain or composite materials in dental labs and are then fitted or bonded adhesively into place. This is a better procedure when compared to a traditional dental filling.
• Composite Bonding – If you have chipped, discolored, decayed or broken teeth, you can go for this procedure. The dentist will first apply a dental cosmetic material that looks like enamel or dentin into your cavity or onto your tooth. Afterwards, this is sculpted using a high-intensity light to get the perfect shape and hardness. This treatment will blend with the rest of your teeth and will give you that perfect smile.
• Teeth Whitening – This is one of the most common cosmetic dentistry treatments available. Stained teeth due to poor oral hygiene or even smoking are bleached to enhance their appearance.
• Dental Veneers – If you have gaps in your teeth or if your teeth whitening procedure did not go well, you can ask for dental veneers. These are laminates made out of porcelain or composite material, which are bonded to the surface of your tooth to repair a crack or a chip.
• Dental Implants – People usually go for dental implants if they suffer from tooth loss. These tooth replacements are a better alternative to dentures, as these will give a natural look to your face.
• Smile Makeover – After the cosmetic dentist does a complete assessment of your smile, he will use a combination of cosmetic dental treatments like teeth whitening, dental implants or dental veneers to improve the overall appearance of your smile.
• Full Mouth Reconstruction – This may be required to correct problems with your teeth, bone structure and muscles. It can also take care of any bite problems you may have.
As most of these cosmetic dental treatments may be costly, check with your dental insurance provider about the kind of coverage you can get before you visit a dental clinic.