Probably the foremost concern of homeowners looking to sell is being able to sell as quickly as possible. Everyone has heard of long winding stories where houses are up in the market for months at a time with little to no prospect of a sale in view.
For this reason, sellers can get desperate and drastically drop the asking price. You do not need to sell off your home at a rock bottom price in order to sell quickly. House Tree, a real estate agent specialist, recommends these sure-fire tips to set you up for a quick sale:
1. Repaint everywhere – A few licks of fresh paint can do wonders. It is important for viewers to see freshness in the house to encourage them into buying.
2. Boost curb appeal – The curb is the first thing buyers will see. As such, you need to make a good impression right from the get-go in order to sell quickly.
3. Clear away Clutter – While it was important to have your personal style imprinted upon your house while you stayed in it, remember that your style may not coincide with theirs.
4. Post a Video – It may be unconventional, but social media is the best way to reach the widest audience possible. You can give a walk-through of your property on YouTube to give potential buyers a better feel for your house.
5. Condition Your House – Chances are, there will always be better prices available. You do not need to lower your price to beat them. You can instead improve on the condition of your house to make it more appealing to potential buyers.
6. Rearrange Your Furniture – Create a more homely feel by arranging your furniture in such a way that it is inviting to potential buyers.
7. Stage the backyard – It is an often neglected aspect when preparing homes for viewing. It is an added incentive, however, which can give added value to homes.
Selling can take some time. But if you follow these tips, you will increase your chances of getting your property off your hands at the soonest time possible.